Craft Room

Thursday 21 April 2011

Sketch Saturday no. 151

Well, this is yet another card I am entering into a challenge. Sketch Saturday this time. I needed to do a male card for a work colleague whose birthday is next week. I do find male cards quite difficult as you are limited by colours and embellishments! No flowers or gems really so I thought I'd go with buttons - haven't used them on a card for a loooong time!



I used some grey SU card and some stripey paper from my never ending stash lol! I couldn't think of a suitable image so I went with the Happy Birthday sentiment repeated randomly. I still think it's lacking 'something' but I nearly always feel this way with male cards. A card to me is not quite complete without a gem or 3!!

Thanks for looking.


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hi Donna

    A great idea to use the sentiment as the main focal point.

    Loving your buttons and colour choices too.

    Have a lovely Easter break.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Donna- the layout and colours are really striking and buttons are a fab idea for a male card where gems just won't do!! :)
    Happy Easter!! :)
    hugs, Rachel x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them all - thank you :))